Thursday, November 12, 2009

This Is How We Dream...

Picture of Cloud and Computer


Richard Miller presents a video about the future of multimedia and how it incorporates with education. He claims that the use of the internet effects everyone's lives on a daily basis. He also says that the use of the internet does change how we interact with the world around us. I completely agree. We do not have to wait 3-5 days to receive information through ground postage delivery anymore, nor is the only way we can see our loved ones who live far away through still photography. The internet has changed everything, including education.

I have to agree with others who say that multimedia expansion is no longer just a dream. I know from my own educational experiences that I would most likely fail college if I did not have access to the internet. This blog being the perfect example. I do think that I will be able to write with multimedia because I feel as though I am practically already there.

I think that as a future teacher I have a lot more knowledge about technology than most teachers that have already been in the field, mainly from this class, but also from all of my college classes. The majority of my teachers use powerpoints to present their topics, and many of my teachers allow assignments to be turned in via email. I am positive I will use these sources in my own classroom and that my students will be able to use multimedia as well. I do see technology spreading in more ways than it already has, but to say that it is not already happening and that it is still a dream is not accurate at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment