Thursday, October 29, 2009

Did You Know? (4.0)

A Picture of A Text Message


This video was very informative, yet a little disturbing at the same time. I think that the amount of text messages sent everyday is a little out of control. According to this video the average teenager sends over two thousand text messages a month! That has to mean they are spending half of their lives text messaging. That is a little much if you ask me. These days you do not have to talk to anyone at all anymore. I think the need for more public speaking classes is going to be a must.

I have to admit that I do text more than I talk on the phone. But, I know the importance of face to face communication too. I remember when I was just becoming a teenager I was allowed maybe an hour each night to talk on the phone. Now days every teenager has their own personal phone and can talk/text as much as they please. I think that with this new technology craze, teachers and parents need to stress the importance of face to face communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment