Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture.

picture taken during his lat lecture

This lecture is one of the most heart touching things I have ever watched. It reminds me of the television show Extreme Home Makeover; Because like that show by the end of Randy Pausch's lecture you can not help but to feel so much love and sympathy for this man, just like I ALWAYS feel for the family's on the television show. Watching this lecture made me cry. It is always very hard for me to watch such good people like Mr. Pausch die. I hate cancer it is not fair and definitely should not be allowed to take such good people out of this world.

You can tell that this man had a lot of hopes and dreams as a child, as he goes over many of them in his lecture. It is sad to think that he is dying and that he did not get to accomplish all of the things he wanted to in his life. Although, my personal opinion is that he got to accomplish much more. I mean, all of the people that knew him, and so many million of others that didn't can listen to his inspirational words even now that he is gone. I think that if you can make an impact on somebody's life than you have accomplished more than most people would in 80 years.

I think that he knew this too. He goes over who can impact a person's life the most, especially a child's/student's, and tells how to do that efficiently. He knew the impact of influence adults have on children and how anyone that holds that title should embrace it. As a future educator I will take his words into account and do the best I can to help children achieve their dreams.

Just from this one lecture, even though I previously knew nothing about the man, he has inspired me so much. I feel so terrible that he died at an early age, and had to leave his small children behind. The worst part of this entire lecture was at the end when he said that this was for his children. That seriously broke my heart. But hopefully his children will help carry out their father's dream, and I hope that many others, especially teachers will too.

1 comment: