Monday, September 14, 2009

"Is It Okay to Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher?"

This is a very strongly put, opinionated post. However, even though I was somewhat offended when I first started reading it, by the time I finished I felt that I could really relate to what the author was saying. Even though his approach probably turns most readers off from the very beginning he makes a very good point.
If technology is a part of the teaching field, then teachers need to be technologically literate. All work fields require in service training, why should teaching be any different? Veteran teachers can not teach the same things the same way for the entire twenty years they are teachers. Simply playing dumb to technological advances is not OK, especially not in a field where learning is so important.

1 comment: