Sunday, August 30, 2009

Podcasts!

Technology never seizes to amaze me! I have always considered myself to be pretty in touch with the ever changing world of technology, and very good with computers; however I am finding out more and more that technology is so much more advanced than I am. I guess I was only on the surface of technology, exploring iTunes more thoroughly and experiencing what all it has to offer is incredible!
Podcasts are such an excellent resource tool. Who would have thought there was so much useful information offered all in one place? I know I didn’t! Exploring podcasts further made it very clear to see how teachers who are knowledgeable in the field of technology can help advance their students very easily as well. Podcasts are very easy to use, and since the KidCast post made it easy to see that most children are more technologically advanced than the majority of adults, podcasts could also be an excellent tool for them as well.
Also by watching the KidCast post it made it easier to see why teachers need to keep up with technology. If children understand it and use it on a daily basis then teachers need to be able to relate to that. Educators have a responsibility to better their students in every way they can. Using tools such as smartboards in the classrooms is a proficient way to help not only the students but also the teacher at the same time.
Having the ability to use the internet gives a person access to information all over the world. If you simply download programs such as iTunes than the information that is already so easily available nearly triples in extent. It is amazing the things a person can learn just by the simple click of the mouse. I feel very privileged to be able to access programs such as podcast to further my intelligence in so many different ways.

2 comments:

  1. I am defiantly with you on the whole I thought I was keeping up with technology, but I was wrong thing. I agree with you about podcasts being useful in many different settings. Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are learning about new things.

    First sentence: seizes should be ceases

    ReplyDelete