Sunday, August 23, 2009

Digital Smarts

This video is my favorite of them all. I am an optimistic person and I really enjoy seeing the positive side of things. I think it is really eye opening to see the many possibilities that can be done with computers, internet, and technology in general. It is truly amazing to see students in everyday classrooms connecting with people all the way on the other side of the world. If every school system had this type of funding and was staffed with teachers that are so well qualified to teach these types of programs the opportunities would be unfathomable.
It does make a person slightly uneasy not knowing what the advancements in technology will contribute to the future, but it is somewhat comforting to see the good that is coming out of technological developments. Through this video it is easy to see how much more educators could be furnishing their students with. It is almost every teacher’s objective to offer as much to their students as they possibly can. Technology has the ability to give students a much deeper understanding of the world around them.

2 comments:

  1. I am the one who is uneasy about all of this, but I'm on my way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do we get everyone involved, even those who are "uneasy"? John says he is on his way. What about the teachers who are not yet moving forward?

    ReplyDelete