Saturday, October 17, 2009

Mr. McClung's Blog

this is my interpretation of the blog


I think that Mr. McClung's blog was extremely helpful. Some of my teachers have already told me a lot of the things he mentioned he learned in his first year; like reading the crowd, and adjusting lesson plans for each new class. Mr. McClung also says that many teachers are so focused on delivery of the content that they forget to check for student comprehension. I think that this is a very common error. It seems that the more we question why kids are failing in schools; the answer is because the information is not being presented to them in the most comprehensible way. I also agree with Mr. McClung when he says that teachers should be flexible. Kids are very unpredictable and teachers may have to adjust their lesson plans often. They should be able to do this without any problems. I think that the most effective teachers get to know their students on personal levels and teach according to their specific class. I am glad that I already have an understanding of this and that Mr. McClung reinforced the importance of it in the blog he wrote. Mr. McClung's blog was very informative and I plan to revisit it in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Read this post. Does it make sense to you? Please rewrite this post. Send me an email when you have done so.

    ReplyDelete